The higher education industry is wrestling with a wide range of challenges that have placed significant pressure on states and their institutions to respond with future-oriented policies and practices. Some of the most pressing issues being grappled with include:
- A growing divide in perceptions about the value of a postsecondary education
- Concerns over affordability and limited state funding
- Demographic changes that are already transforming the students that colleges and universities must serve
Moreover, there is a critical need for our states to ensure that their institutions are positioned to produce more talent to meet the rapidly changing economic needs of the future, as well as to close persistent equity gaps among students from different race/ethnic, income, age, and geographic backgrounds.
These are significant issues that require careful analysis. At NCHEMS, we can help you arrive at creative solutions to these challenges. With our insights and recommendations, you can more confidently make the right policy decisions for the individuals you serve.
Comprehensive Higher Education Consulting Services
At NCHEMS, we offer a wide range of services to help you address the important issues impacting the postsecondary education industry today. Our areas of expertise include:
Our team spends the time necessary to truly understand the context and history behind the projects we take on. We use this background information to help us identify the right data necessary to inform creative solutions to the problems you’re grappling with. Collaboration, innovation, and creativity are crucial to our process – we always engage you as we identify potential solutions, and we base our recommendations on the insights revealed in our robust data analysis.
Creating Positive Outcomes for Higher Education
NCHEMS is a national and international resource for organizations and policymakers in the higher education industry. Our capacity for designing innovative solutions backed by evidence and in partnership with stakeholders has helped shape the actions of policymakers at all levels. The insights we provide have helped our clients achieve a wide range of objectives, including:
- Solve issues impacting state-level higher education policy
- Create a more effective plan for long-term higher education policy on the state or organizational level
- Assess the feasibility of solutions to determine whether they are worth pursuing
- Develop innovative models for postsecondary student success
- Identify emerging trends to better prepare for the short- and long-term future of higher education
- Address institutional funding needs to promote affordability for students by developing strategic finance plans.
- Increase data analytic capacity of higher education organizations
- Assist institutions with campus culture for equity gap elimination
- Increase student success through state and institutional policy and practices
- Modeling alternatives to illuminate tradeoffs in policy decisions