NCHEMS is Hiring a Project and Communications Manager
Title: Project and Communications Manager
Reports To: Vice President
Employment category: Full time
Who We Are
The National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS) is a postsecondary education consulting organization that unlocks data and evidence to help states, systems, and institutions design policies and practices to meet their goals. Since 1969, we’ve been engaging higher education leaders and state and system-level policy makers, providing the insights and intelligence they need to create and sustain successful higher education institutions and systems.
About the Position
A successful NCHEMS Project and Communications Manager will assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a communications strategy for the organization. They will draft written communications and design written materials and infographics to help bring our stories alive. This position will also serve in a key role of tracking and overseeing project timelines at an organizational level to ensure projects stay on time, that staff time allocations are kept up to date and monitored, and that processes and procedures are leveraged to meet the needs of the project and project partners. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
While NCHEMS operates in a hybrid environment working a few days a week in the office (based in Boulder, CO) and the other days working from home, we will consider fully remote candidates on a case-by-case basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Track and maintain a comprehensive database of all projects, grants, and contracts, including those that are current, closed, and maintain a historical record of all submitted proposals.
- Create and maintain a list of all significant project milestones and deadlines.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of processes and procedures involved in managing projects to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Monitor allocations of time and project funding and provide timely reports to project and organizational leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of an organization-wide communications strategy.
- Ensure that the content of the organization’s website(s) is kept up to date, accurate, and relevant.
- Promote recently released work via social media platforms and ensures NCHEMS’ relevancy in cross-posting, sharing, and otherwise engaging similarly situated organizations.
- Draft content for blog posts, web pages, information sheets, profiles, and other material highlighting projects and insights that are suitable for sharing with external audiences. Distill complex information into effective, accessible messages for diverse stakeholders.
- Proofread and edit a variety of written materials, including but not limited to: reports, blogs, website material, information sheets, and Power Point presentations.
- Create visual aids that convey key messages to support effective presentations for a variety of audiences. Design final layout of reports (using an appropriate design tool such as Canva).
- Track website and social media analytics to inform future communication efforts and provides regular reporting to leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years experience and/or training in the area of organizational communications and project management.
- Demonstrated experience managing a communications strategy; preparing and maintaining web pages; and communicating via blogs, press releases (or similar communications vehicles), and social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Proficient with technology (including the full MS Office Suite) and communications platforms including Canva.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and proofreading various types of written products (reports, information sheets, blogs, PowerPoint presentations, etc.), including the use/creation of data visualization and design to effectively convey information and meaning to readers.
- Ability to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders by synthesizing and communicating complex issues in accessible ways.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects with the ability to build realistic project timelines, to anticipate needs and identify possible problems ahead of time, and to deploy effective strategies to support timely completion of project goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships across the organization, as well as the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong organizational skills, including a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to problem solve with sound judgment.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion related to the organization’s work with external partners and to the organization’s internal work environment.
Benefits and Anticipated Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $80,000 per year.
NCHEMS offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending and health savings account, commuter benefits, retirement benefits, life and disability insurance, and paid time off.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume and apply here:
The National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (NCHEMS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.
Contact us today to schedule a conversation.