State Structure, Governance and Coordination of Higher Education
Since 1980, NCHEMS has been particularly active in assisting states and national agencies to develop effective approaches to policy in the areas of assessment and accountability, budgeting and finance and governance.
The NCHEMS staff is one of the major sources of expertise and technical assistance on issues related to state policy, structure and governance of higher education. Aims McGuinness initiated the ECS State Postsecondary Education Structures Sourcebook – 1997, the principal reference guide on this topic in the nation. Revisions to the 1997 sourcebook are available on the ECS website at http://www.ecs.org/html/educationIssues/Governance/GovPSDB_intro.asp. In the past several years, NCHEMS has been extensively involved in major reform initiatives and task forces in Colorado, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York, and North Dakota, among others.
Contact Aims McGuinness for information and technical assistance on:
- Trends and issues on state higher education policy
- The history and current status of state structures and multi-campus systems
- Comparisons of state structures
- The policy frameworks and methodologies for state task forces and study commissions
- The roles and performance of governing and coordinating boards
- International comparison of higher education reform
Contact Aims McGuinness at (303) 497-0301 or email@example.com